Strong mHealth Project Manager to take our Safe Delivery App to the next level
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager with strong ICT skills and a broad understanding of health for development to lead our efforts in taking our Safe Delivery App to the next level.
Background: In 2012, Maternity Foundation, University of Southern Denmark and University of Copenhagen joined forces to develop a mobile app (The Safe Delivery App) with the purpose to train and instruct skilled birth attendants in Low and Middle Income countries on how to manage the fatal complications that can occur during birth. Every year, over 300.000 women die from pregnancy related causes globally and over five million babies die during birth or within the first weeks of their lives. 90% of these deaths are preventable with access to basic skilled birth attendance.
The Safe Delivery App: The Safe Delivery App (SDA) can be used to train and instruct skilled birth attendants in how to handle the most essential basic emergencies during a delivery. The app can be used in pre-service and in-service trainings and as an in-practice job aid.
Since the launch of the App in April 2015, we have experienced a huge interest in the App from partners across Asia and Sub Saharan Africa. Based on learning and feedback from partners we wish to develop the next version of the app with a more scalable back-end and a more integrated learning platform. Overall criteria for the next version of the app are:
- A dynamic and adaptive learning experience via continuous monitoring of learner competencies including feedback directly to the user.
- A customized experience geared towards each country and programs, including varied versions of app (different languages, training focus, films etc.)
- A back-end system, which will allow for easier adaptations and iterations of the app over time.
Maternity Foundation have made a commitment with UN Every Woman Every Child to have reached 10.000 health workers with the app by end 2017. If we achieve this goal, we will have ensured a safer birth for more than one million women. As the ICT4D Project Manager you will work together with the rest of the mHealth Team in achieving this goal.
The Position: The position is full time and based in Denmark at our office in Copenhagen. Key responsibilities of the Project Manager are:
- Manage and lead collaborative efforts in the design process of Version 2.0 of the app in close collaboration with the development company, our clinical review board, partner organizations and the rest of the mHealth team
- Ensure continuous iterations, adaptations, and improvements of the app/learning platform.
- Keep abreast of latest developments within the area of information technology for development and learning to continue to ensure that the app is best in class.
- In collaboration with the M&E Program Manager, monitor and report on app usage and other key metrics to be shared with key partners and potentially also published.
- Support the roll out the Safe Delivery App across multiple countries in Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa.
The Candidate: The ideal candidate is a visionary and strong project manager driven by making a difference for the world’s more vulnerable. Experience within global health or international development is an advantage.
The ideal candidate has:
- An advanced university degree (Master’s) in Business Administration, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or other
- Strong problem solving skills with sense for the detail
- The ability to be a self-starter and to work with minimum supervision, but functions well as a part of a team also
- Strong IT literacy both front-and back-end
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- The ability to function well in a high-pace, dynamic and entrepreneurial work environment
Please submit a motivated cover letter and resume to our CEO Anna Frellsen email@example.com. Deadline for submitting the application is June 1st, 2016.