Fundraising Coordinator to Maternity Foundation (Temporary Project Contract)
Maternity Foundation is an international NGO working to ensure a safer childbirth for women and newborns, everywhere. Through our Safe Delivery+ Program, we use digital training- and learning tools to support and train healthcare workers, and we work with partners in more than 15 countries across Africa, Asia, and the Middle East. We work from a shared vision that it should never cost life to give life.
Maternity Foundation is growing, and we are thus enhancing our fundraising activities. We are looking for a Fundraising Coordinator to join our Business Development Team in managing and building our portfolio of Danish and global donors. Starting date is a soon as possible. Working place is Copenhagen.
As a team member of Maternity Foundation, you will join our office in Copenhagen and have colleagues in Ethiopia, India, and the US. We come from various backgrounds – global health, midwifery, anthropology, IT, and business – and we take pride in an entrepreneurial spirit and a can-do attitude. Together, we are an ambitious and purpose driven team working in a warm and informal atmosphere.
Read more about Maternity Foundation and our Safe Delivery Program at www.maternity.dk
The Fundraising Coordinator will support the Business Development team in our global fundraising and reporting activities, incl. mapping and analysing funding opportunities, developing project proposals, and submitting timely status reports to donors. It is essential that you possess excellent writing skills in English and preferably also in Danish. It is an advantage if you have experience with fundraising and grant reporting. You will be joining the Business Development team at Maternity Foundation and will also work closely with colleagues from the Program, Clinical, MEARL, Communications, and IT teams.
The Fundraising Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Support continues development of our fundraising strategy
- Map funding opportunities across various donor sources incl. EU calls, global and Danish private foundations, high net worth individuals.
- Develop outreach material, incl. 2-pagers, concept notes, presentation slides.
- Develop project proposals and grant applications.
- Co-manage existing funders, incl. develop timely status reports.
- Other ad hoc tasks on a needs basis as supporting event coordination, development of newsletters, etc.
We are looking for an energetic, proactive, and structured individual eager to obtain experience from an international NGO by contributing to our global funding and reporting activities.
We envision you are/have:
- Relevant academic background
- 1-2 years of relevant professional experience, preferably from an international NGO, UN agency, or alike.
- Ideally with experience from fundraising and/or reporting to larger donors.
- Fluency in English with excellent writing skills (fluency in Danish is an asset)
- Proactive, well-structured, and take responsibility for your working tasks.
Terms and conditions:
The position is full-time and based at Maternity Foundation’s headquarter in Copenhagen. Salary will be negotiated based on qualifications. The contract is initially for six months with the possibility of extension. We value equal opportunity and encourage candidates regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age to apply.
Please submit your application and CV to Business Development Manager, Andreas Støttrup Moldow, at email@example.com as soon as possible and no later than March 6. We will be interviewing on a rolling basis. Starting date is as soon as possible.