Are you our new Programme Manager at Maternity Foundation?
Maternity Foundation is a Danish development organization that works to improve the quality of care at the time around birth and reduce maternal and newborn mortality and morbidity in LMICs through developing and deploying new digital health tools.
To support our growing team in Copenhagen, we are looking for a new Programme Manager for our partnerships and collaborations in Africa and Asia.
As a team member of Maternity Foundation, you will be joining a small, but expanding group of colleagues in Copenhagen, the US, South America, Ethiopia, and India. We come from various backgrounds – global health, midwifery, anthropology and the business world – and we take pride in an entrepreneurial spirit and a can-do attitude. Together, we are an ambitious and driven team working in a warm and informal atmosphere.
We are looking for an experienced, driven and self-motivated individual with a minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the global health field, including working experience from Africa or Asia. Experience working in a technical advisor capacity to governments with a focus on health programming is preferable.
The Programme Manager will be responsible for managing implementing partnerships, including partnership building, stakeholder management, fundraising, programme design and implementation support, organizational learning, documentation of results and best practices and dissemination hereof. The Programme Manager will also be responsible for conducting presentations at stakeholder gatherings, trainings for implementing partners, and developing implementation support materials on an ongoing basis. The position requires willingness and ability to travel extensively.
Specification of responsibilities
The Programme Manager reports to the Programme Director and will be specifically responsible for:
- Managing a portfolio of partnerships with national and project level partners in Africa and Asia
- Support partners’ integration and implementation under Maternity Foundation’s Safe Delivery Programme
- Developing collaboration agreements, concept notes, project proposals, and funds applications including budgets in collaboration with partners
- Providing programme design support to partners (e.g. how to integrate the Safe Delivery App into existing national training curricula or other capacity building initiatives)
- Providing roll-out and implementation trainings and support to partners, both on-the-ground and remote
- Staying up-to-date on the global maternal and newborn health field and digital health innovations herein
Required profile and experiences
- Relevant academic background (e.g. public health or another related field. A combination of a clinical and public health background is an asset)
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience, including working experience from Asia or Africa
- Proven experience with fundraising and managing grants, including experience with managing grants from large institutional donors
- Solid programmatic understanding and experience from the global health field, preferably maternal and newborn health
- Experience from working with digital health in global health projects is an asset
- Ability to conduct trainings of partners and target groups
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to oversee project plans and budgets
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Structured and systematic
- Fluency in English required. Knowledge of French or other second language preferred
Terms and conditions
The position is based at Maternity Foundation’s headquarter in Copenhagen. Moderate to extensive travel activity must be anticipated. Salary will be negotiated depending on qualifications. The duration of contract is initially 12 months with the possibility of extension. Submit application and CV to Program Director, Anne Marie Barrie, at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and no later than December 5th, 2018.