Are you our new Lead Developer at Maternity Foundation?
Maternity Foundation is a Danish development organization that works to reduce maternal and newborn mortality in developing countries. Maternity Foundation has a comprehensive maternal and newborn health programme in Ethiopia, while at the same time working with partners across sub-Saharan Africa and Southeast Asia to scale our digital health tools, including the Safe Delivery App.
To support our growing team in Copenhagen, we are looking for a Lead Developer.
As a team member of Maternity Foundation, you will be joining a small, but expanding group of colleagues in Copenhagen, the US, South America and Ethiopia. We come from various backgrounds – global health, midwifery, anthropology and the business world – and we take pride in an entrepreneurial spirit and a can-do attitude. Together, we are an ambitious and driven team working in a warm and informal atmosphere.
Position summary and responsibilities
Since its launch in 2015, the Safe Delivery App – an innovative mobile health tool to improve life-saving skills and knowledge among midwives and other skilled birth attendants – has been implemented in various countries across sub-Saharan Africa and Southeast Asia in partnership with the UN, ministries of health, Red Cross, PlanBørnefonden and other key organizations.
We are looking for a Lead Developer to identify and implement technology solutions to improve usage of The Safe Delivery App across backend, Android, iOS and other systems. You will be responsible for hands-on trouble-shooting and further development of related tech systems, e.g. the app’s CMS and data dashboard.
To ensure ongoing scaling of the app, you will also lead the identification of new digital trends to improve and further develop the app.
The Lead Developer will be working in close collaboration with our external developer, Visikon.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting back-end development (in partnership with Visikon), including improving overall app performance, e.g. improving crash rates and help fixing bugs, and continuously optimizing the CMS system to meet the needs of the clinical and adaptation teams.
- Data handling, including ensuring that the app is optimized to extract data from different data sources.
- Supporting front-end development.
- Strategy and partnerships, including how to ensure inter-operability with external tech platforms, e.g. government health data platforms, and engaging with our key tech partners, e.g. Google, Microsoft, Qlik and Inspari.
- Discovering, evaluating and implementing new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
Required profile and experiences
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field.
- Insight into the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Prior working experience with app development is a huge advantage.
- Knowledge of the global health sector is a plus.
Terms and conditions:
The position is based at Maternity Foundation’s headquarters in Copenhagen. This is a full-time position. Salary will be negotiated depending on qualifications. Submit your application and CV to email@example.com no later than October 15th 2018.