Maternity Foundation is looking for a new Finance Manager
Maternity Foundation is an international NGO working to ensure safer childbirths for women and newborns, everywhere. Through our Safe Delivery+ Programme, we use digital training and learning tools to support and train healthcare workers, and we work with partners in more than 15 countries across Africa, Asia, and the Middle East. We work from a shared vision that it should never cost life to give life.
Maternity Foundation is looking for a Finance Manager to replace our current colleague who is pursuing new opportunities.
Starting date is a soon as possible and place of work is Copenhagen.
As a team member of Maternity Foundation, you will join our office in Copenhagen and have colleagues in Ethiopia, India, and the US. We have different educational backgrounds and work experiences – global health, midwifery, anthropology, IT, and business – and we take pride in an entrepreneurial spirit and a can-do attitude. Together, we are an ambitious and purpose driven team working in a warm and informal atmosphere.
Read more about Maternity Foundation and our Safe Delivery+ Programme at www.maternity.dk
The Finance Manager will support Management and our Board in multiple financial disciplines, including budgeting, controlling, reporting, general accounting, and grants management.
You will report to and work closely with our Deputy Director as well as our teams in Ethiopia and India, and the business development and programme portfolio teams.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for:
- Ensure that all financial activities of Maternity Foundation are compliant with internal procedures and donor requirements
- Develop, monitor, revise, and report on organisational and project budgets
- Ensure accurate and compliant grants management, including donor reporting
- Develop overview of grants pipeline
- Conduct ongoing accounting activities, including expense and travel reporting (Quickbooks)
- Manage accounts payable and bank transactions
- Manage the salary and holiday system (Danløn)
- Prepare quarterly financial reports for Board and Management
- Support Management in ad hoc analyses and reporting
We are looking for a responsible, diligent, and structured person who will naturally assume the responsibility for holistic financial management.
We envision you are/have:
- Relevant academic background.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience, ideally from the NGO sector
- Fluency in English with excellent writing skills (fluency in Danish is an asset)
- Well-structured, and take responsibility for your working tasks.
Terms and conditions:
The position is full-time and based at Maternity Foundation’s headquarter in Copenhagen. Salary will be negotiated based on qualifications and aligned to our job structure. We value equal opportunity and encourage candidates regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, or age to apply.
Please submit your application and CV to Deputy Director Birthe Thomsen at email@example.com as soon as possible and no later than June 2nd, 2022. We will be interviewing on a rolling basis.