VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT – Country Coordinator for India
Maternity Foundation is a Danish development organization that works to reduce maternal and newborn mortality in developing countries, including through developing and deploying new digital health tools.
To support our country roll-out and M&E activities in India, we are looking for an India-based country coordinator.
Maternity Foundation is working with partners across sub-Saharan Africa and Southeast Asia to scale our digital health tool, the Safe Delivery App.
In partnership with the Government of India and its technical partner, the Safe Delivery App has been adapted and produced in a national Indian version. The Indian Safe Delivery App was launched in December 2017 by the Ministry of Health. Since January 2018, Maternity Foundation has been supporting the Ministry of Health and partners to roll out the Safe Delivery App in India as part of national health programs and initiatives. In the second half of 2018, Maternity Foundation wishes to start collecting experiences and document the case of India for scaling the Safe Delivery App.
As Country Coordinator for Maternity Foundation in India, you will be joining a small, international team with staff in Copenhagen (HQ), Ethiopia, the US, and South America.
India Country Coordinator
We are looking for an experienced, driven and self-motivated individual with approximately 4 – 6 years of professional experience within the Maternal and Newborn Health field in India.
The Country Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the roll-out of the Safe Delivery App in India, related M&E and documenting experiences. This includes everything from stakeholder and partner relations management, implementation support e.g. conducting introduction and ToT trainings, to conducting and managing data collection, representation of Maternity Foundation at conferences and other relevant appearances.
The position requires willingness and ability to travel extensively within the country, and from time to time the position may include tasks in other Asian partner countries.
Specifications of position
Overall, the responsibility of the Country Coordinator will be to manage and support all roll-out and M&E activities of Maternity Foundation in relation to the Safe Delivery App in India.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Managing stakeholder relations and representing Maternity Foundation in India
- Supporting partners to optimize the integration and use of the Safe Delivery App in training programs, projects, convenings etc.
- Identifying and building new relevant partnerships for roll-out
- Conducting implementation trainings as relevant
- Documenting roll-out experiences and managing the collection of data (quantitative and qualitative)
- Maintaining close and transparent contact with Maternity Foundation HQ on a weekly basis
Required profile and experience
- Relevant academic background
- 4 – 6 years of professional experience, including hands-on experience with implementing Maternal and Newborn Health projects in India. Experience with rolling out digital health tools is an advantage
- Experience with managing projects, conducting M&E and managing stakeholder relations
- Ability to work very independently and proactively and be very flexible
- Excellent communication, presentation and training skills
- Structured and systematic
- Committed to open and transparent communication with remote managers
- Fluency in Hindi and English. Proficiency in additional Indian languages is an asset.
Terms and conditions
The position is based in New Delhi.
Initially the Country Manager will be required to work from home, until an office space is secured. Extensive travel activity within the country must be anticipated. Salary will be negotiated depending on qualifications. The duration of the contract is 12 months initially. The Country Manager will be referring to the Program Director.
Submit your brief application and CV to Anne Marie Frøkjær Barrie, Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, and no later than August 6th. Interviews are expected to take place during August.