VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT – Student in Computer Science
Maternity Foundation is a Danish development organization that works to reduce maternal and newborn mortality in developing countries, including through developing and deploying new digital health tools.
We are looking for a student in Computer Science with an interest in Android/iOS to work on our digital health tools, which directly impact the health of millions of people around the world.
With the vision ‘No woman should die giving life’, Maternity Foundation works to empower and mobilize women to seek care as well as to build the capacity of health practitioners, so that more women give birth with skilled care. Maternity Foundation has a comprehensive maternal and newborn health programme in Ethiopia, while at the same time working with partners across sub-Saharan Africa and Southeast Asia to scale our digital health tools, including the Safe Delivery App.
As a team member of Maternity Foundation, you will be joining a small, but expanding group of colleagues in Copenhagen, the US, South America and Ethiopia. We come from various backgrounds – global health, midwifery, anthropology and the business world – and we take pride in an entrepreneurial spirit and a can-do attitude.
Together, we are an ambitious and driven team working in a warm and informal atmosphere.
Student in Computer Science
Your overall responsibility is to support the development of our Safe Delivery App. More specifically, your responsibilities are to:
- Work closely with our project, clinical and partnerships managers to continuously customize our applications – based on both Android and iOS platforms – to the evolving needs of our users around the world.
- Continuously unit test code for robustness, quality, and general usability.
- Based on experience and interest you will research, evaluate, and implement innovative technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Ad hoc support to technical work
Required profile and experiences
- Student in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- Experience with Android/iOS.
- Knowledge and interest of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Basic understanding of HTML, JS, CSS, and backend frameworks.
- Basic understanding of the mobile development life cycle.
Terms and conditions
The position is based at Maternity Foundations headquarter in Copenhagen. The working hours are 10-15 hours per week, with flexible days and hours. Salary will be negotiated depending on qualifications. Submit your application and CV in Danish or English to email@example.com no later than March 25th 2018.