We’re hiring a Programme Officer in India
Maternity Foundation is a non-profit organisation with a focus on improving maternal and newborn health through innovative solutions. Maternity Foundation and the University of Copenhagen and University of Southern Denmark have together developed the Safe Delivery App to enhance maternal and newborn health.
We have ongoing partnerships in many countries in the Middle East, Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa.
The Indian version of Safe Delivery App was launched in December 2017 by the Government of India. Since then, Safe Delivery App has been integrated into various government initiatives like LaQshya, Dakshata and Midwifery.
About the role
The Programme Officer will be overall responsible for the capacity building and mentoring of nurses, midwives and other healthcare providers in public/private health facilities to upgrade their knowledge and skills on maternal and newborn healthcare (MNH). He/she may support the development and implementation of various training approaches based on the content of the Safe Delivery App. In addition, he/she would be responsible for the development of the clinical content for the Safe Delivery App and various e-learning platforms.
Position: Programme Officer
Number of Position(s):1
Duration: 1 year
Reporting: Country Director, Maternity Foundation, India
Qualification and Experience
- B.Sc/M.Sc Nursing preferably in Obs/Gyne or Paediatrics
- 3 to 5 years of overall experience with minimum 1 year of experience in clinical skills training on MNH and mentoring:
- Prior experience of working with state governments, national health missions, MNH programmes and other development organisations or capacity building and mentoring programmes.
- Design and implementation of blended learning models involving Safe Delivery App
- Development of training curriculum and e-learning content for the nursing and midwifery cadre.
- Coordinate and facilitate clinical trainings and mentoring at different facilities.
- Develop clinical content for the Safe delivery App as per the national protocol and its translation to Hindi.
- Work closely with clinical team for finalization, adaptation and updating Safe Delivery App clinical manuscript.
- Ensure quality implementation of all training programmes in the field by working in close coordination with the state governments and partners.
- Develop process documents, training feedbacks, evaluation methods and similar training related documents and tools of assessment.
- Work closely with other team members of the organization.
- Perform or assume other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Skills & Competencies
- Fluent in English and Hindi
- Excellent communication, presentation and analytical skills along with strong interpersonal relations and teamwork skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications like Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Prior experiences with clinical content development and skill-based training for healthcare providers on MNH and family planning
- Proven ability to conceptualize, analyse, innovate, plan, write and execute ideas, as well as impart knowledge and skills.
- Innovativeness and creative in solving problems using IT tools
- Demonstrated learning agility, pro-activeness, and openness to embrace new technologies at work.
- The ability of multi-tasking and working in a multicultural environment.
- Ability and willingness to frequent travel to project states
All applicants must review the detailed job description and submit applications using the following link (Please copy and paste the link in your browser):
Closing date for applications: 22 November 2023
Maternity Foundation is committed to the principles of equal opportunity and will strive to ensure that all job applicants, staff and volunteers, do not suffer negative discrimination on the basis of their religion, race, caste, colour, nationality, social class, sex, place of birth, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, HIV status, age etc. or any combination of these.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview.