Are you our new Lead Developer?
Do you want to join a global frontrunner in the digital health arena?
Then come join us at Maternity Foundation – a fast-growing digital health NGO – as a Lead Developer in Copenhagen. We are changing the landscape of health worker trainings in Africa and Asia through digital tools such as our Safe Delivery App – and we need you to help us reach the next level in our journey to save mothers and newborns in childbirth.
Our program spans the globe, so we are looking for a colleague with the ability to keep the big picture while being able to dive into the technical challenges we face on a daily basis.
About Maternity Foundation
Maternity Foundation is a Danish development organization that works to reduce maternal and newborn mortality in developing countries. Maternity Foundation has a comprehensive maternal and newborn health programme in Ethiopia, while at the same time working with partners across sub-Saharan Africa and Southeast Asia to scale our digital health tools, including the Safe Delivery App.
Maternity Foundation works with Microsoft, Google and other leading tech companies and was one of the driving forces behind the 2017 Hackathon event #Hack4Girls.
As a team member of Maternity Foundation, you will be joining a small, but expanding group of colleagues in Copenhagen, the US, South America and Ethiopia. We come from various backgrounds – global health, midwifery, anthropology and the business world – and we take pride in an entrepreneurial spirit and a can-do attitude. Together, we are an ambitious and driven team working in a warm and informal atmosphere.
Position summary and responsibilities
We are looking for a Lead Developer to help us develop and improve next-generation technologies that changes how health workers learn, connect and interact with high-quality learning.
Since its launch in 2015, our Safe Delivery App – an innovative mobile health tool to improve life-saving skills and knowledge among midwives and other skilled birth attendants – has been implemented in various countries across sub-Saharan Africa and Southeast Asia in partnership with the UN, ministries of health, Red Cross, PlanBørnefonden and other key organizations.
You will identify and implement technology solutions to improve usage of our mobile health technologies, primarily The Safe Delivery App, across backend, Android, iOS and other systems. You will be responsible for hands-on trouble-shooting and further development of related tech systems, e.g. the app’s CMS and data dashboard. To ensure ongoing scaling of the app, you will also lead the identification of new digital trends to improve and further develop our digital platforms and tools.
The Lead Developer will be working in close collaboration with our external developer, Visikon.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting front-end development.
- Data handling, including ensuring that the app is optimized to extract data from different data sources.
- Strategy and partnerships, including how to ensure inter-operability with external tech platforms, e.g. government health data platforms, and engaging with our key tech partners, e.g. Google, Microsoft, Qlik and Inspari.
- Discovering, evaluating and implementing new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Supporting back-end development, e.g. improving overall app performance.
Required profile and experiences:
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field.
- Insight into the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Prior working experience with app development is a huge advantage.
- Knowledge of the global health sector is a plus.
Terms and conditions:
The position is based at Maternity Foundation’s headquarters in Copenhagen. This is a full-time position. Salary will be negotiated depending on qualifications. Submit your application and CV to email@example.com no later than February 25th 2019.