Join our team: IT & Development Manager to Maternity Foundation
Do you want to join a global and diverse team in solving one of the world’s most pressing problems? Every year, 300,000 mothers and 2.4 million newborns die during and around the time of childbirth. Almost all of them are in developing countries, and many of them would survive if they received qualified help from healthcare workers.
Maternity Foundation is a Danish tech non-profit that works to ensure a safer childbirth for women and newborns, everywhere. Through our Safe Delivery Program, we use digital training- and learning tools to support and train skilled birth attendants across Africa, Asia, and soon the Middle East. We work from a shared vision that it should never cost life to give life.
Over the past 10 years, we have grown from a smaller Danish NGO working on the ground in Ethiopia to a global actor within digital health and learning for skilled birth attendants. Our mobile solution, SafeDelivery, is currently implemented across multiple countries in sub-Saharan Africa and Southeast Asia and has reached more than 200,000 health workers – even in the most remote and fragile settings. We work with partners such as UNFPA, UNICEF, Ministries of Health, Plan International, Red Cross and Save the Children in more than 15 countries. Our work is supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Merck for Mothers, Novo Nordisk Foundation and more. HRH Crown Princess Mary has been our patron since 2009.
We are a global team of almost 40 colleagues in Denmark, Ethiopia, India, and the US. We come from various backgrounds – global health, midwifery, anthropology, IT, and the business world – and we take pride in an entrepreneurial spirit and a can-do attitude. Together, we are an ambitious and driven team working in a warm and informal atmosphere.
In the recent year we have strengthened our internal IT capability and been lucky to “borrow” a strong IT and development capability from Microsoft for a 12–month period. Based on his support, we have laid the digital foundation that will enable our future growth and development. The next step is to scale our digital offering in more countries and regions, to build a more integrated and robust learning technology platform, and to use data science to make the learning for each health worker more personalized and intelligent. We are looking for a strong person to lead this next phase. She/he will lead our IT strategy and product development towards achieving our strategic goals along with day–to-day technology related operations.
Your title will be IT & Development Manager with the opportunity to grow into a CTO position. Starting date is as soon as possible.
The candidate will serve the organization as the IT & Development Manager with the main responsibility of leading IT and product development and be part of the management team. The IT & Development Manager will work closely with a production and development team based in India, with global content and implementation teams and external partners and user groups for product development.
Key responsibility areas
- Responsible for the end-to-end IT and product life cycle
- Lead the digital strategy of the SafeDelivery concept towards 2025 goals
- Oversight and management of vendors and strategic technology partnerships
- Ongoing project management and prioritization of IT/product related initiatives
We are looking for an experienced, driven, and self-motivated person with strong tech background and with minimum seven years of professional experience. A person that can thrive with both detailed and operational specifications and more strategic development work.
The candidate should have skills and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Data science capabilities and implementation strategies
- EdTech experience, leading implementation of digital learning tools
- Experience leading successful teams using Public Cloud patterns and practices
The candidate might have skills and background in one or more the following areas:
- Agile development and use of DevOps practices to drive development teams
- Mobile development for Android and IOS with React Native
- API and Web application development with Node.js and React
- Data platform knowledge, including data pipelines, ETL, EDW and NOSQL like CosmosDB
- Office 365 administration and management
- Microsoft Azure infrastructure support and operations
- Release management, including publishing to app stores
We envision you have:
- Relevant academic background
- A self-driven and pro-active approach with the ability to work independently while being a team-player
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Fluency in English.
Terms and conditions
The position is based at Maternity Foundation’s headquarter in Copenhagen or in our office in Delhi. Some travel will be required. Starting date as soon as possible. Please send application or enquiries to email@example.com.
Salary based on negation, but as a non-profit, the salary is not likely to be the competitive to similar corporate positions.