Senior Program Manager to Maternity Foundation
Maternity Foundation is a Danish tech non-profit that works to ensure a safer childbirth for women and newborns, everywhere. Through our Safe Delivery Program, we use digital training- and learning tools to support and train skilled birth attendants, and we work with partners in more than 15 countries across Africa, Asia and the MENA region. We work from a shared vision that it should never cost life to give life.
We are currently looking for a Senior Program Manager to manage our portfolio of partnerships and projects in primarily Southeast and Central Asia with starting date as soon as possible.
As a team member of Maternity Foundation, you will join our office in Copenhagen and have colleagues in Ethiopia, India and the US. We come from various backgrounds – global health, midwifery, anthropology, IT, and the business world – and we take pride in an entrepreneurial spirit and a can-do attitude. Together, we are an ambitious and driven team working in a warm and informal atmosphere.
Read more about Maternity Foundation and our Safe Delivery Program at www.maternity.dk
The Senior Program Manager is responsible for managing partnerships with multilateral, civil society, national partners and other stakeholders in countries such as Cambodia, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Kyrgyzstan, Nepal, and Laos. Your role will be focused around introducing the Safe Delivery program to partners and collaborating with them to build an implementation model that works for their specific context. For that reason, it is important that you have a pro-active approach to build and keep momentum and create strong partnerships.
As Senior Program Manager, you will contribute to consolidating learnings and results from your project portfolio, which increasingly helps build and improve Maternity Foundation’s Safe Delivery Program. In addition, you will contribute to larger fundraising efforts, strategy development and other processes beyond your regional portfolio on a needs-basis.
You will be joining the Program Team at Maternity Foundation and work closely with colleagues from clinical, fundraising, M&E, communications, and IT teams. The position requires willingness and ability to travel.
The Program Manager reports to the Program Director and will be responsible for:
- Managing a portfolio of partnerships with national and project level partners
- Supporting partners’ integration and implementation of Maternity Foundation’s Safe Delivery Program
- Developing collaboration agreements, concept notes, project proposals, funds applications and budgets with partners
- Providing program design support to partners (e.g. how to integrate the Safe Delivery App into existing national midwifery training curricula or other capacity building initiatives)
- Providing roll-out and implementation trainings and support to partners, both on-the-ground and remotely
- Staying up-to-date on the global maternal and newborn health field and digital health innovations
We are looking for an experienced, driven, and self-motivated person with strong project management skills and with minimum 5+ years of professional experience in managing projects and partnerships in an international context. Working experience from Southeast and Central Asia is an advantage but not a requirement.
We envision you have:
- Relevant academic background
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Strong and structured project management skills across the project cycle
- Strong partnership management skills including proactiveness and boldness in building and maintaining partner relations
- Experience with fundraising and co-managing grants, including from large institutional donors
- Experience from the global health field, preferably maternal and newborn health (experience with digital health is an asset).
- A self-driven and pro-active approach with the ability to work independently while being a team-player
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Enthusiasm about joining a diverse team and organization in the intersection between an NGO and a tech-startup – and that you find it motivating to be able to contribute to the continued organizational and professional development of a young organization.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of French or other second language preferred.
Terms and conditions:
The position is based at Maternity Foundation’s headquarter in Copenhagen. Moderate to extensive travel activity must be anticipated. Salary will be negotiated based on qualifications. The contract is initially 12 months with the possibility of extension. We value equal opportunity and encourage candidates regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age to apply.
Please submit your application and CV to Program Coordinator Sara Marie Bergh-Hanssen, at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and no later than February 23rd. We will be interviewing on a rolling basis.