Academic articles analysing our impact
Below, we have gathered academic articles related to our Safe Delivery + programme, including our Safe Delivery App.
Articles from 2022
- Mahboubi, M., Grønbæk, A., Fernandes, A., Fibæk, C., & Dabove, P. (2022). Geospatial Analysis of Safe Delivery App Events Based on Geographically Weighted Regression Tool. AGILE: GIScience Series, 3, 1-6.
- Nishimwe, A., Conco, D. N., Nyssen, M., & Ibisomi, L. (2022). Context specific realities and experiences of nurses and midwives in basic emergency obstetric and newborn care services in two district hospitals in Rwanda: a qualitative study. BMC nursing, 21(1), 1-16. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12912-021-00793-y
- Oladeji, O., Tessema, M., & Oladeji, B. (2022) Strengthening quality of maternal and newborn care using catchment based clinical mentorship and safe delivery app: A case study from Somali region of Ethiopia. International Journal of Midwifery and Nursing Practice; 5(1): 13-18
Articles from 2021
- Nishimwe, A., Ibisomi, L., Nyssen, M., & Conco, D. N. (2021). The effect of an mLearning application on nurses’ and midwives’ knowledge and skills for the management of postpartum hemorrhage and neonatal resuscitation: pre-post intervention study. Human resources for health, 19(1), 14. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12960-021-00559-2
- Nishimwe, A., Nyssen, M., Ibisomi, L., & Nozizwe Conco, D. (2021). Clinical decision making in basic emergency obstetric and newborn care among nurses and midwives: the role of the safe delivery mhealth application_pre-post-intervention study (research protocol). Informatics for Health and Social Care, 46(2), 126-135. DOI: 10.1080/17538157.2020.1869007
Articles from 2020
- Parellada, C. B., Boas, I. M., Nielsen, H. S., & Lund, S. (2020). User patterns of the Safe Delivery App; explorations from a cluster randomized controlled trial in Ethiopia. Journal of Health Informatics in Developing Countries, 14(1).
Articles from 2019
- Klokkenga, C. M. B., Enemark, U., Adanu, R., Lund, S., Sørensen, B. L., & Attermann, J. (2019). The effect of smartphone training of Ghanaian midwives by the Safe Delivery application on the incidence of postpartum hemorrhage: a cluster randomised controlled trial. Cogent Medicine, 6(1), 1632016.
- Thomsen, C. F., Barrie, A., Boas, I. M., Lund, S., Sørensen, B. L., Oljira, F. G., & Tersbøl, B. P. (2019). Health workers’ experiences with the Safe Delivery App in West Wollega Zone, Ethiopia: a qualitative study. Reproductive health, 16(1), 50. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12978-019-0725-6
- Usmani, S., Chhugani, M., & Khan, M. (2019). A Study to Assess the Effectiveness of Safe Delivery Application for Pre-Service Nursing Students in a Selected College of Nursing of New Delhi. International Journal of Nursing & Midwifery Research (E-ISSN: 2455-9318), 6(4), 22-27. DOI: https://doi.org/10.24321/2455.9318.201928
Articles from 2018
- Bolan, N. E., Sthreshley, L., Ngoy, B., Ledy, F., Ntayingi, M., Makasy, D., Mbuyi, M. C., Lowa, G., Nemeth, L., & Newman, S. (2018). mLearning in the Democratic Republic of the Congo: A Mixed-Methods Feasibility and Pilot Cluster Randomized Trial Using the Safe Delivery App. Global health, science and practice, 6(4), 693–710. https://doi.org/10.9745/GHSP-D-18-00275
- Bolan, N. E., Newman, S. D., & Nemeth, L. S. (2018). Technology-based newborn health learning initiatives for facility-based nurses and midwives in low-and middle-income countries: a scoping review. Int J Childbirth, 8(4), 252-268.
Articles from 2016
- Lund, S., Boas, I. M., Bedesa, T., Fekede, W., Nielsen, H. S., & Sørensen, B. L. (2016). Association Between the Safe Delivery App and Quality of Care and Perinatal Survival in Ethiopia: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA pediatrics, 170(8), 765–771.